Monday, December 12, 2011
Make It Mondays! Coupon Wallet Tutorial
I made this as a custom order for someone whom loves tea and likes to carry teabags with her in her purse.
As I made it, I thought this would also make the perfect gift for those involved in couponing.
The four "pockets" inside are perfect to organize coupons.
Recycled wool felt piece (8.5 inches x 7.5 inches)
Craft felt or thin recycled wool piece (8.5 x 7.5 inches)
TWO recycled wool felt pieces (8.5 inches x 3.5 inches)
Natural fiber yarns, vintage buttons
Large eyed needle (yarn darner, tapestry or chenille needle)
1. Cut out your wool/felt pieces. You want your large inside piece to be thin so that the wallet can fold and so it will be easier to sew all the layers together.
2. Embroider/embellish the large wool piece. Use a large button and attach it in the center. You will use this later for your wallet closure.
3. Now, take your craft felt or thinner wool piece and pin the smaller wool pieces to each end. Blanket stitch these smaller wool pieces to the craft felt AND stitch a "divider" down the center of each pocket.
4. Pin the completed "inside" to the embellished "outside" wool piece. Now, blanket stitch the project together. You're almost done!
5. Take some of your yarn and cut three pieces long enough to go around the body of the folded wallet with a bit extra yarn. Tie these three lengths of yarn around the large, centered button. Now, braid these three lengths of yarn together. Knot at the end. This is now your wallet closure. Wrap it around the wallet and then around the button. Easy access and looks cute too! EnJOY!